Some time ago our school's representative took part in the 24th IATEFL Poland Conference in Kraków ..
The annual conference is best known for its friendly and relaxed atmosphere, where foreign language teachers from Poland and abroad are able to network, discuss and socialise.
The conference is well-known among teachers of English as a second language and each year gathers at least a thousand of participants.
This year, we could participate in such seminars and workshops as:
* Using storytelling to support language learning by Maria Małgorzata Cyrankowska
* Panel Dicussion: With the impact of IT, is the teacher's personality in the classroom relevant any longer?
* Video and video narratives by Jamie Keddie
* CLILing me softly - a yummy cocktail of English, maths, arts and other subjects in the primary
classroom by Joanna Kołakowska
* Making your lessons memorable by Marjorie Rosenberg IATEFL President
The participants were also welcome to enjoy an amazing theatre show - The Proposal" by Anton Chekhov.
In the world of Alice
Our English teacher with one of the most prominent figures in the field of EFL in Poland dr G. Śpiewak, who also had a seminar: Teaching - and Learning - English with the Brain in Mind