Thursday 29 December 2016

Jumping jacks

With this activity I tried to give traditional tasks in the English classroom (physical descriptions, daily routines, etc.) a little creative twist. My 7-year students had to create parts of the (not necessarily!!) human body. Once faced with 6 heads, 6 bodies, 6 sets of legs and arms, in teams of 4 or 5 they assembled all the parts and created little “Frankensteins” (see the pictures below) in the form of jumping jacks.

 



















Then the teams completed little cards about their jumping jack and invented a life for him/her (see the worksheet below). 





Each member of the team was then assigned one of the cards to create a written composition about their jumping jack. Finally, the groups made an oral presentation about their creature to the rest of the class.




















I guess it is not necessary to mention, that I was quite in awe of the amazing, funny and witty presentations. This activity showed me, yet again, the wonders creativity works in a classroom. I hope you like it!

2 comments:

  1. Great job! Thanks a million for your contributions, Lucia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can report it's been a great activity ,satisfactory for both, students and teacher alike!

    ReplyDelete